Thursday, August 9, 2012
Carter Tad Dalton!
Carter Tad Dalton was born Thursday, August 2nd, 2012 at 3:45 pm. 6 pounds, 9 ounces, 20 inches long. We love him so much! My due date was august 8th but since it was my second baby my dr let me go a week early, so my induction was scheduled for the 2nd. Chase slept at my mom's wednesday night cause the hospital said we could go in thursday morning as early as 5:00 am and as late as 9:00 am. Well I woke up and got ready early and the hospital never called so at 9:00 we called them and they said call back in an hour, we called back, they said call again in an hour, labor and delivery was busy. So we decided to go to Dees for breakfast while we waited, I was very anxious! So we called again after breakfast and they said we might have to post pone you till tomorrow, I was not happy! Then my dr called me and said he had to go to girls camp that night so he might not be the one to deliver me so I could still come in or wait till friday, I said we will be right in! So we got to the hospital at 12:00 and they started my pitocin right away and broke my water. They said it could take a while to start a contraction pattern, well i didn't have that problem, they started right away and were painful! I wanted my epidural right away, well I had to wait and hour cause the anesthesiologist was in surgery, it was a long hour!! But then i got it and I was much more comfortable, an hour later I was dilated to a 5 and my nurse said, wow, he's coming fast, they set up for delivery and 10 minutes later I was a 7 and she paged my dr to come down and 10 minutes later I was a 10! My dr came in and said well your going to win the race, he had 3 other ladies that had been there since 7 am and they were still not dilating. So he said here we go, and i pushed 4 times and baby Carter was here! So a total of 4 hours in labor, what a relief! It was so nice, and so much better than my labor with Chase. I feel very blessed with my awesome dr and the great hospital. Side note-it was nice to have the olympics on in the background to keep me distracted! We came home from the hospital Saturday and have been doing great, Chase was not so sure of his brother in the beginning but he loves him now and is a big helper, but he still needs extra attention from mommy and daddy. We're so grateful to our families and friends for all the help and support they have given us! We're so glad your in our family Carter!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You are a natural born birther! So glad all is well, I'll come visit soon :)
Post a Comment