Sunday, December 5, 2010
Festival of Trees!
Every year around Christmas time we try do something special for someone else. I think it makes your whole Christmas season so much better and helps you to remember the true meaning. This year we combined with Justin's family and made a tree in memory of Justin's mom for the festival of trees. All the money made there goes to Primary Children's Hospital. It's a wonderful event. I got to work closely on the tree with my sisterinlaw, Maren and Justin's aunt, Holly. It was so much fun and a lot of work. But it was so worth it! We were able to go twice this week and see all the trees. I recommend going to everyone! It was nice to feel April's spirit with us the whole time we were working on the tree and I hope "MaDe" is up in Heaven smiling down on us. We named our tree "Grandma's Toy Box". April and Glenn have always made Christmas special and lots of fun for the grandkids and "Grandma's Toy Box" just seemed to fit. I'm horrible about taking my camera, so I asked Maren to email me some of the pictures of the tree so those will be along later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
We saw the tree! It looked so good. I have a picture of it on my blog. You can copy it if you want. :)
What a sweet remembrance for such a wonderful woman.
Now...POST A PICTURE!
Did you do a tree in honor of Justin's mom? That's sweet :)
Post a Comment